Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Upcoming Collections: MAC Venomous Villains


So if you are anything like me, you check Temptalia religiously (by religiously I mean at least twice a day if not more). I saw on twitter yesterday that she had a link posted to something about MAC and Disney and a makeup collection. I immediately clicked the link and was brought to her page. I have to say I got a little excited reading about this upcoming collection. Then I was on COCO Perez and even he had something up about it. That’s when I knew that this collection is going to be a huge deal. I thought To The Beach was going to be the big collection most people would be running out to fetch up. I am so wrong. If you can take a guess by the blogs that I have posted, I am a huge MAC junkie. I love the company and I love the product. I get even more excited about the new collections and I count down the days until I can go purchase it. So I hate to say that I am a little torn about this collection but nothing to dramatic. The collection is going to be called called Venomous Villains and the hype around it is already huge. So why am I so torn? It’s a collection surrounded by villains. Now I am sure there will be tons of purples, grays, blacks, greens, and hopefully some reds to spice up the collection. I am also certain that there will be great colors and awesome products and you know I will be there the day it comes out to purchase everything in sight! I wish maybe that a collection/colab with Disney would be a happy one. Maybe one with fairy tales, princesses, and happy endings. Never the less I do think that this will be a great collection and I am really looking forward to it. Trust me I will be there the day the collection comes out to pick up everything. I do hope there will be some sort of cute packaging to go along with this collection. In all, I think that this will be a highly anticipated collection and I know I can’t wait till photos and promo items come out. There is a video clip out for now for a promotional piece. It’s has sketches of some of the villains that I would safely guess that are going to be featured in the collection. I did see Cruella from 101 Dalmatians and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Other ones that come to mind of Disney Villains are the Queen from Snow White, Captain Hook from Peter Pan, Scar from Lion King and Jafar from Aladdin. I think that they will be using the villains from classic Disney. I am not to sure about how many of the newer villains the will use because of the demographic that MAC portrays to. I’m 22 years old and I have no clue who the newer villains are so I am not to sure who they will be using but like I said my guess is that it will be the classic ones.  I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted and up to date with collections and anything else that happens.  

Here is a link to the promo video that MAC has placed out.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment