Friday, June 25, 2010

Nail of the Day: Essie's Pop Art Pink


This is my first NOTD post. I usually change my polish every week so this is in a sense the nail polish of the week. I do my nails at home; I don’t see the point in going in and getting them done at salons. I do like to pamper myself from time to time though, so sometimes I will go and get a mani and pedi but those trips are usually rare.

This week I have on a Pop Art Pink by Essie and its from Essie’s The Art of Spring Collection. I simply adore this color. It is a great pale pink. I do have three coats of it on though. The initial coat was very sheer, but after the second coat, you do get a color pay off. I just like three because I fell as if the two coats are semi streaky so I just live to even everything out. I have this color on my toes too with 3 coats as well. The only downfall I see to it is I feel like it dries soft. This might be because of the 3 coats or the fact that my top coat is old and I’m in need a new one. I just feel like if I do hit my nails on something I have knicks. Also, when I touch it with my other nail, I feel like its cutting through the polish. This post has now turned into a mini review. I do like this color and wear it a lot, I will just have to try it with a new top coat and maybe that will do the trick. In all, I think that this is a great color but I’m not too fond on the polish formulation itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment